Man jailed for raping daughter in Mizoram
Aizawl: A court in Aizawl has convicted a man of raping his own 13-year-old daughter and sentenced him to four-year imprisonment and a fine of Rs 10,000.
The 43-year-old Lalchhuanthanga was awarded light sentence on Friday by the court of the Additional Sessions Judge due to extreme good behaviour in jail and the fact that his four children needed his care.
Police said that Lalchhuanthanga, in an inebriated state, raped his own daughter on March 26 last year inside his house in Serchhip town and was arrested after leaders of the Mizo Hmeichhe Insuihkhawm Pawl (MHIP), the Mizo women federation, filed FIR with the police.
He was looking after his four children after his wife eloped with another man and migrated to Malaysia when the children were very young, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug