Man jailed for raping daughter in Mizoram
Aizawl: A court in Aizawl has convicted a man of raping his own 13-year-old daughter and sentenced him to four-year imprisonment and a fine of Rs 10,000.
The 43-year-old Lalchhuanthanga was awarded light sentence on Friday by the court of the Additional Sessions Judge due to extreme good behaviour in jail and the fact that his four children needed his care.
Police said that Lalchhuanthanga, in an inebriated state, raped his own daughter on March 26 last year inside his house in Serchhip town and was arrested after leaders of the Mizo Hmeichhe Insuihkhawm Pawl (MHIP), the Mizo women federation, filed FIR with the police.
He was looking after his four children after his wife eloped with another man and migrated to Malaysia when the children were very young, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials