Man, parents sentenced in dowry death case
Manipuri: A local court here has
handed down a lifer to a man and sentenced his parents to 10
years rigorous imprisonment in a dowry death case.
Sunita was set ablaze and killed by her husband Sushil
Sharma, his father Rambabu and mother Gita Devi in Ghiror
village in May 2009 over dowry.
Sunita`s father Ramkrishna lodged an FIR against her
husband and in-laws after which police filed a chargesheet in
the court against them
On the basis of evidence presented, Additional District
and Sessions Judge Lallu Singh yesterday convicted Sushil and
sentenced him to life imprisonment while Rambabu and Gita
were sentenced to 10 years rigorous imprisonment.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 20,000 on each of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31