Man, parents sentenced in dowry death case
Manipuri: A local court here has
handed down a lifer to a man and sentenced his parents to 10
years rigorous imprisonment in a dowry death case.
Sunita was set ablaze and killed by her husband Sushil
Sharma, his father Rambabu and mother Gita Devi in Ghiror
village in May 2009 over dowry.
Sunita`s father Ramkrishna lodged an FIR against her
husband and in-laws after which police filed a chargesheet in
the court against them
On the basis of evidence presented, Additional District
and Sessions Judge Lallu Singh yesterday convicted Sushil and
sentenced him to life imprisonment while Rambabu and Gita
were sentenced to 10 years rigorous imprisonment.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 20,000 on each of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion