Man who married 60 women and sold them, arrested
Siliguri (WB): An imposter who posed as an
armyman and was suspected to have lured 60 women into
marrying him before selling them into prostitution rings has
been arrested from Darjeeling district along with a woman.
The 27-year-old man, Vicky Viswakarma, was suspected to
have married 60 women and then selling them into the flesh
trade in Mumbai and Pune, Darjeeling Superintendent of Police
Devendra Pratap Singh said.
Viswakarma was arrested yesterday along with a woman
accomplice, Singh said.
The woman would approach the victims claiming that
Viswakarma was well off and came from a respectable family,
after which the marriage would be fixed, he said, adding that
the police were tipped off about the man by an NGO.
Nine of his victims have been traced, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding