Man who married 60 women and sold them, arrested
Siliguri (WB): An imposter who posed as an
armyman and was suspected to have lured 60 women into
marrying him before selling them into prostitution rings has
been arrested from Darjeeling district along with a woman.
The 27-year-old man, Vicky Viswakarma, was suspected to
have married 60 women and then selling them into the flesh
trade in Mumbai and Pune, Darjeeling Superintendent of Police
Devendra Pratap Singh said.
Viswakarma was arrested yesterday along with a woman
accomplice, Singh said.
The woman would approach the victims claiming that
Viswakarma was well off and came from a respectable family,
after which the marriage would be fixed, he said, adding that
the police were tipped off about the man by an NGO.
Nine of his victims have been traced, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!