Man who married 60 women and sold them, arrested
Siliguri (WB): An imposter who posed as an
armyman and was suspected to have lured 60 women into
marrying him before selling them into prostitution rings has
been arrested from Darjeeling district along with a woman.
The 27-year-old man, Vicky Viswakarma, was suspected to
have married 60 women and then selling them into the flesh
trade in Mumbai and Pune, Darjeeling Superintendent of Police
Devendra Pratap Singh said.
Viswakarma was arrested yesterday along with a woman
accomplice, Singh said.
The woman would approach the victims claiming that
Viswakarma was well off and came from a respectable family,
after which the marriage would be fixed, he said, adding that
the police were tipped off about the man by an NGO.
Nine of his victims have been traced, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof