Manik Sarkar set for fourth straight term as Tripura CM
Agartala: Manik Sarkar is set for the fourth consecutive term as Tripura chief minister as he was on Monday unanimously elected as the leader of the newly-elected Left Front which won the February 14 polls with a massive mandate.
LF sources said Sarkar`s name was proposed by the Front`s convener and MP Khagen Das in the meeting of newly elected legislators and was agreed upon unanimously.
Sarkar has been the chief minister of the north eastern state since 1998.
Later, Das along with CPI-M state party secretary Bijan Dhar met Governor DY Patil at the Raj Bhavan and informed him that Sarkar was elected as the leader of the LF legislators.
They also handed over a letter comprising the signatures of LF MLAs who have elected Sarkar as their leader, the sources said.
Meanwhile, it was officially announced that the newly elected MLAs would be administered the oath of office and secrecy on March 6 at the Rajbhavan lawns here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you