Manipur: 3 killed in clashes between two villages
Imphal: Three persons were killed and one was injured when people of two villages clashed in interior Manipur`s Ukhrul district bordering with Myanmar, official sources said on Sunday.
Sources said the clashes occurred when villagers of Sihai Khullen went for a picnic at Phangrei hill peak in Chingai assembly constituency of the district yesterday.
On their way, they were stopped by villagers of the nearby Lunghar village and demanded Rs 2 per head as tax, sources said adding that the entry fee should be paid before reaching the peak. They were challenged by the villagers from Sihai Khullen villagers saying Phangrei hill peak belonged to them (Sihai Khullen).
Lunghar villagers said the peak belonged to them, sources said adding clashes occurred between resulted in the killing three persons and injuring another one. All the victims belonged to Sihai Khullen.
Bodies have been brought to Ukhrul district hospital for post mortem, sources said adding that police have rushed to the spot for investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre