Manipur: 4 Kuki militants killed
Imphal: At least four suspected Kuki National Army (KNA) militants were killed in an encounter with Assam Rifles personnel at Kamjong area in Manipur`s Ukhrul district bordering Myanmar on Sunday, official sources said.
Acting on a tip-off, security personnel of 44th battalion combed the Kamjong area during which an exchange of fire occurred leading to the death of the four militants, the sources said.
Two AK rifles, one M-16 along with 200 rounds of ammunition were recovered from them, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says