Manipur blast mars Republic Day
Imphal: A bomb explosion Saturday marred the Republic Day celebrations in Manipur, with Governor Gurbachan Jagat appealing for peace in the troubled state.
Amid tight security, Jagat unfurled the national flag and took the salute at an impressive march past by police forces here.
Separatist rebels triggered an improvised explosive device blast at Wangbal in Thoubal district, police said. No one was injured.
Speaking on the occasion, the governor called for enduring peace in the state.
A Coordination Committee of seven major separatist outfits called for a boycott of the Republic Day.
On Friday, rebels triggered four blasts in the state capital including one at the Manipur Rifles ground. However, no one was injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days