Manipur blast mars Republic Day
Imphal: A bomb explosion Saturday marred the Republic Day celebrations in Manipur, with Governor Gurbachan Jagat appealing for peace in the troubled state.
Amid tight security, Jagat unfurled the national flag and took the salute at an impressive march past by police forces here.
Separatist rebels triggered an improvised explosive device blast at Wangbal in Thoubal district, police said. No one was injured.
Speaking on the occasion, the governor called for enduring peace in the state.
A Coordination Committee of seven major separatist outfits called for a boycott of the Republic Day.
On Friday, rebels triggered four blasts in the state capital including one at the Manipur Rifles ground. However, no one was injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you