Manipur blast mars Republic Day
Imphal: A bomb explosion Saturday marred the Republic Day celebrations in Manipur, with Governor Gurbachan Jagat appealing for peace in the troubled state.
Amid tight security, Jagat unfurled the national flag and took the salute at an impressive march past by police forces here.
Separatist rebels triggered an improvised explosive device blast at Wangbal in Thoubal district, police said. No one was injured.
Speaking on the occasion, the governor called for enduring peace in the state.
A Coordination Committee of seven major separatist outfits called for a boycott of the Republic Day.
On Friday, rebels triggered four blasts in the state capital including one at the Manipur Rifles ground. However, no one was injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Mauritius to remain major FDI source till March 2019: Experts
- Abhinav Bindra to head NRAI review committee on Rio debacle
- Now, WhatsApp to share your phone number with Facebook
- SHOCKING: Man performing stunt on high tension wire at Mumbai's Mira road station – Watch
- Bank of Baroda's total business takes Rs 90,000-crore hit in 2015-16