Manipur board exam: Solved question papers given to students
Imphal: Students appearing for a class XII board exam in Manipur were given question papers with answers printed on the back side, after which the test was cancelled.
Hundreds of students were provided the question papers and blank answer sheets during the `Engineering Drawing` exam organised by the Council of Higher Secondary Education, Manipur (CHSEM), yesterday.
After some examinees pointed out the error, invigilators collected the question papers and the exam was cancelled.
CHSEM controller Sagolsem Kiran said they were surprised that answers of the questions were also printed on the question papers and it did not look like a printing mistake.
An inquiry into the incident has been ordered, he said adding, that re-examination of the subject would be conducted on March 25.
Arambam Thoithoi, secretary general of the Democratic Students` Alliance Manipur (DESAM), criticised the "carelessness" of the CHSEM authorities.
The students body demanded that full marks be given to those appearing in the exam instead of re-conducting the test.
"The incident has disturbed us. Now we have to prepare again for the same paper. We should not be made to suffer because of their mistake," a student said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...