Manipur: Bomb explosion in RAW office complex
Imphal: A bomb exploded in the office complex of the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) and Special Bureau in Imphal west district of Manipur but no casualty was reported, officials said Friday.
The bomb, which was an improvised explosive devices (IED) was allegedly planted by suspected insurgents with a timer, went off yesterday partly damaging some trees but no one was hurt, they said.
The spot where the bomb exploded is just behind the Lamphel police station, they said, adding that an investigation would be conducted how the bomb was planted or hurled in the office complex of the Central intelligence agencies in the high-security area.
The incident occurred barely 12 hours after a powerful grenade, allegedly hurled by the insurgents, was found on Wednesday last inside the heavily-guarded complex of the Manipur secretariat (south block).
Banned Revolutionary People`s Front (RPF), political wing of the People`s Liberation Army (PLA), in a statement claimed responsibility for the bomb attack at RAW office alleging the office was involved in informing the whereabouts of insurgents, strategy adopted by ultras.
Yesterday`s explosion was the fifth of its kind by insurgents this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video