Manipur government employees` strike ends
Imphal: The four-month-long Manipur government employees` strike over financial demands was called off after a pact between the strikers and the government, it was announced Thursday.
The strike ended late Wednesday and a memorandum of understanding (MoU) was signed in the presence of Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh between the Joint Administrative Council of Employees Organisations (JACEO) and state government representatives here.
More than 61,000 government employees launched the strike Jan 16, seeking the full implementation of the Sixth Pay Commission recommendations, which suggested a hike in salaries and arrears with effect from January 2006.
"All government employees will resume duty from Thursday," the MoU said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love