Manipur government employees` strike ends
Imphal: The four-month-long Manipur government employees` strike over financial demands was called off after a pact between the strikers and the government, it was announced Thursday.
The strike ended late Wednesday and a memorandum of understanding (MoU) was signed in the presence of Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh between the Joint Administrative Council of Employees Organisations (JACEO) and state government representatives here.
More than 61,000 government employees launched the strike Jan 16, seeking the full implementation of the Sixth Pay Commission recommendations, which suggested a hike in salaries and arrears with effect from January 2006.
"All government employees will resume duty from Thursday," the MoU said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price