Manipur: Militant arrested with arms, explosives
Bishnupur: Police along with security forces have arrested a wanted militant and recovered arms and explosives in Bishnupur district of Manipur.
In a joint search operation on Friday, the militant belonging to the banned People`s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak was arrested from the forest area in the state.
In another operation on Wednesday (October 17), four militants, belonging to banned Kangleipak Communist Party, were nabbed by the police and security forces.
Addressing reporters, Superintendent of Police of Bishnupur District, Radheshyam Singh, said that in the recent operation on Friday, the police also recovered explosives and arms from the militant.
“We arrested four carders belonging to KCPMC- KCP (Kangleipak Communist Party)-City Meitei group and we recovered one mine bomb from them. Today again, along with 33 Assam Rifles, we arrested one member of KYKL (Kanglei Yawol Kanna Lup) from forest gate and recovered one 9mm pistol- Mauser Werke along with three live rounds and one hand grenade,” he said.
Singh added that the success of the operation would help in curbing the militant activities in the area.
“He has been involved in extortion and serving monitory demands to general public and also to officials in Nambol area. With his arrest, the district police will be able to prevent some activities which are expected to be carried out Kanglei Yawol Kanna Lup,” he said.
Separatist movements have riddled India`s remote northeast for decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...