Manipur: Militants attack CRPF personnel, civilian injured
Imphal: A civilian was injured when militants attacked a CRPF patrol by setting off two powerful IEDs in Manipur`s Imphal East district on Wednesday.
The bombs planted on both sides of the road were set off by remote control when personnel of the 143rd battalion were returning to their camp at Lamphel in Imphal West district, official surces said.
A CRPF vehicle, which was escorting the CRPF water tanker, was partly damaged by splinters of the improvised explosive device.
A civilian, who was also collecting water from the tanker, was also injured by the splinters and taken to the J N Institute of Medical Sciences and Hospital where his condition was stated to be out of danger.
Seconds after the explosions, police forces from Porompat and the Police Headquarters, about a km away, rushed to the spot and launched a massive manhunt.
The sources said the militants escaped.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption