Manipur: Militants attack CRPF personnel, civilian injured
Imphal: A civilian was injured when militants attacked a CRPF patrol by setting off two powerful IEDs in Manipur`s Imphal East district on Wednesday.
The bombs planted on both sides of the road were set off by remote control when personnel of the 143rd battalion were returning to their camp at Lamphel in Imphal West district, official surces said.
A CRPF vehicle, which was escorting the CRPF water tanker, was partly damaged by splinters of the improvised explosive device.
A civilian, who was also collecting water from the tanker, was also injured by the splinters and taken to the J N Institute of Medical Sciences and Hospital where his condition was stated to be out of danger.
Seconds after the explosions, police forces from Porompat and the Police Headquarters, about a km away, rushed to the spot and launched a massive manhunt.
The sources said the militants escaped.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility.
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- In home turf in Bihar, Kanhaiya Kumar all praise for Nitish Kumar, Lalu Yadav; slams Modi govt
- Realty firm Godrej Properties buys 49% stake in its arm Happy Highrises
- Paswan mocks possibility of Nitish becoming PM, says post not vacant for 15 years
- Kolkata wears forlorn look on poll day, less traffic on street
- Seven silent culprits of hair loss!