Manipur: Militants hurl grenades at private residences
Imphal: Unidentified militants hurled powerful grenades at two private houses including that of a senior Manipur government official but it failed to explode,
official sources said on Thursday.
The militants lobbed grenade at the house of superintendent of Chandel district Hospital, Khagembam Radheshyam at Lilong Chajing area in Thoubal district last
The police later defused it.
Family sources said some militants who claimed to be members of Kangleipak Communist Party-Khaba Metei (KCP-KM) faction had demanded payment of Rs 10 lakhs from the official few weeks ago.
No individual or group has so far claimed responsibility for hurling the grenade.
In another incident, the militants also lobbed a powerful grenade at the house of Upa-Adhyaksa of Thoubal Jila Parishad, Phuritsabam Jiten last night at his house at Thoubal area, sources said adding that monetary demand from Jiten could be
one of the reasons for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report