Manipur: Militants hurl grenades at private residences
Imphal: Unidentified militants hurled powerful grenades at two private houses including that of a senior Manipur government official but it failed to explode,
official sources said on Thursday.
The militants lobbed grenade at the house of superintendent of Chandel district Hospital, Khagembam Radheshyam at Lilong Chajing area in Thoubal district last
The police later defused it.
Family sources said some militants who claimed to be members of Kangleipak Communist Party-Khaba Metei (KCP-KM) faction had demanded payment of Rs 10 lakhs from the official few weeks ago.
No individual or group has so far claimed responsibility for hurling the grenade.
In another incident, the militants also lobbed a powerful grenade at the house of Upa-Adhyaksa of Thoubal Jila Parishad, Phuritsabam Jiten last night at his house at Thoubal area, sources said adding that monetary demand from Jiten could be
one of the reasons for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand