Manipur ministry expansion after CM`s return
Imphal: The list of ministers in Manipur has been finalised by Congress president Sonia Gandhi and the three-day-old O Ibobi Singh ministry would be expanded soon after his return from Delhi.
Party sources today said the list of ministers has been finalised after Singh and Manipur PCC president Gaikhangham met Gandhi at the national capital yesterday.
Singh is expected to return either at noon today or tomorrow, the sources said.
Official sources meanwhile said all preparations were ready for the swearing in ceremony so that it could be held any time.
Only Singh was sworn-in for the third consecutive term on March 14.
The sources said senior party leaders and former ministers Th Debendra Singh, T Phungza-thang, L Nandakumar Singh and Ngamthang Haokip may find berths in the cabinet besides Gaikhangam.
Congress won 42 seats in the 60-member Manipur Assembly Elections recently. Trinamool Congress bagged 7, Manipur State Congress Party 5, Naga People`s Front 4, NCP 1 and Lok Jana Sakti Party 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why