Manipur ministry expansion after CM`s return
Imphal: The list of ministers in Manipur has been finalised by Congress president Sonia Gandhi and the three-day-old O Ibobi Singh ministry would be expanded soon after his return from Delhi.
Party sources today said the list of ministers has been finalised after Singh and Manipur PCC president Gaikhangham met Gandhi at the national capital yesterday.
Singh is expected to return either at noon today or tomorrow, the sources said.
Official sources meanwhile said all preparations were ready for the swearing in ceremony so that it could be held any time.
Only Singh was sworn-in for the third consecutive term on March 14.
The sources said senior party leaders and former ministers Th Debendra Singh, T Phungza-thang, L Nandakumar Singh and Ngamthang Haokip may find berths in the cabinet besides Gaikhangam.
Congress won 42 seats in the 60-member Manipur Assembly Elections recently. Trinamool Congress bagged 7, Manipur State Congress Party 5, Naga People`s Front 4, NCP 1 and Lok Jana Sakti Party 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi