Manipur ministry expansion after CM`s return
Imphal: The list of ministers in Manipur has been finalised by Congress president Sonia Gandhi and the three-day-old O Ibobi Singh ministry would be expanded soon after his return from Delhi.
Party sources today said the list of ministers has been finalised after Singh and Manipur PCC president Gaikhangham met Gandhi at the national capital yesterday.
Singh is expected to return either at noon today or tomorrow, the sources said.
Official sources meanwhile said all preparations were ready for the swearing in ceremony so that it could be held any time.
Only Singh was sworn-in for the third consecutive term on March 14.
The sources said senior party leaders and former ministers Th Debendra Singh, T Phungza-thang, L Nandakumar Singh and Ngamthang Haokip may find berths in the cabinet besides Gaikhangam.
Congress won 42 seats in the 60-member Manipur Assembly Elections recently. Trinamool Congress bagged 7, Manipur State Congress Party 5, Naga People`s Front 4, NCP 1 and Lok Jana Sakti Party 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015