Manipur parties oppose formation of NPF unit in the state
Imphal: All political parties in Manipur
have opposed the formation of a Nagaland People`s Front (NPF) unit in the state stating that a provision of the latter`s constitution included the formation of greater Nagaland.
A spokesman for the political parties in Manipur Friday
said at a meeting of major political parties like Congress, CPTI, CPI(M) and Manipur People`s Party decided to oppose the formation of NPF`s unit in Manipur`s Senapati district.
NPF leader and Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio is to
visit Senapati district tomorrow to launch a unit of the NPF
whose constitution included formation of greater Nagaland by
united all Naga-inhabited areas north eastern region, the
The all political party meeting which was attended by
Manipur Chief Minister O Ibobi Singh and senior leaders of
different parties have also decided to inform the Centre and
union home ministry that the formation of NPF unit may create
"problems in the state".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre