Manipur parties oppose formation of NPF unit in the state
Imphal: All political parties in Manipur
have opposed the formation of a Nagaland People`s Front (NPF) unit in the state stating that a provision of the latter`s constitution included the formation of greater Nagaland.
A spokesman for the political parties in Manipur Friday
said at a meeting of major political parties like Congress, CPTI, CPI(M) and Manipur People`s Party decided to oppose the formation of NPF`s unit in Manipur`s Senapati district.
NPF leader and Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio is to
visit Senapati district tomorrow to launch a unit of the NPF
whose constitution included formation of greater Nagaland by
united all Naga-inhabited areas north eastern region, the
The all political party meeting which was attended by
Manipur Chief Minister O Ibobi Singh and senior leaders of
different parties have also decided to inform the Centre and
union home ministry that the formation of NPF unit may create
"problems in the state".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK's exit from EU: India prepared for all eventualities, says Shaktikanta Das
- Britain exits European Union, first country to leave 28-nation bloc
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Donald Trump says Britons ''took back control of their country'
- Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan laud Shekhar Kapur's daughter's soul-stirring debut song – Watch
- China mounts rescue efforts as tornado toll hits 98
- Bollywood smitten with Harshvardhan Kapoor's theatrics in Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra's 'Mirzya' trailer!-- See tweets
- Brexit: How it can give better market access to India