Manipur parties oppose formation of NPF unit in the state
Imphal: All political parties in Manipur
have opposed the formation of a Nagaland People`s Front (NPF) unit in the state stating that a provision of the latter`s constitution included the formation of greater Nagaland.
A spokesman for the political parties in Manipur Friday
said at a meeting of major political parties like Congress, CPTI, CPI(M) and Manipur People`s Party decided to oppose the formation of NPF`s unit in Manipur`s Senapati district.
NPF leader and Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio is to
visit Senapati district tomorrow to launch a unit of the NPF
whose constitution included formation of greater Nagaland by
united all Naga-inhabited areas north eastern region, the
The all political party meeting which was attended by
Manipur Chief Minister O Ibobi Singh and senior leaders of
different parties have also decided to inform the Centre and
union home ministry that the formation of NPF unit may create
"problems in the state".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire