Manipur separatist arrested from Indo-Nepal border
Kolkata: A leader of a separatist outfit from Manipur was arrested from Indo-Nepal border in West Bengal by the special task force of Kolkata police, a senior police official said.
Bunty Singh, a senior leader of United Peoples Party of Kangleipak which operates in Manipur, was arrested from Naxalbari area of Jalpaiguri district yesterday for his alleged involvement in various extremist activities.
"We have started investigation," STF chief Rajeev Mishra said.
United People`s Party of Kangleipak is an insurgent group of Manipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...