Manipur separatist arrested from Indo-Nepal border
Kolkata: A leader of a separatist outfit from Manipur was arrested from Indo-Nepal border in West Bengal by the special task force of Kolkata police, a senior police official said.
Bunty Singh, a senior leader of United Peoples Party of Kangleipak which operates in Manipur, was arrested from Naxalbari area of Jalpaiguri district yesterday for his alleged involvement in various extremist activities.
"We have started investigation," STF chief Rajeev Mishra said.
United People`s Party of Kangleipak is an insurgent group of Manipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report