Manipur to recruit 2000 male police constables
Imphal: Manipur government will soon recruit 2000 male constables to strengthen police forces and help maintain law and order besides protecting various development projects, said an official spokesman on Tuesday.
The decision to recruit the police constables was taken during a cabinet meeting presided over by the Chief Minister O Ibobi Singh last evening, said Manipur education minister M Okendra Singh who is the government spokesman.
Okendra Singh said the total requirement of state police forces including Manipur Rifles etc was about 33,000 but the present strength was about 28,000.
Out of the requirement of 5000, 2000 police constables would be recruited soon as there was acute shortage of police forces particularly in the hill districts, Okendra Singh said adding that forces were also required for protection of various ongoing and completed projects.
Official sources said the present strength of the state police forces of 28,000 included a battalion of India Reserve Battalion which was raised about two years ago adding that large chunk of the forces were used to tackle militants and to guard VIPs in the state.
They said if there was enough forces, development works could not be taken up properly because of various factors including the insurgency problem in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen