Manipuri man attacked in Gurgaon, one detained
Gurgaon: A man was detained for attacking a Manipuri man here Sunday night, police said on Monday.
Soizamuam, 39, and a cab driver, was attacked Sunday night by two brothers who were his neighbours.
The victim, who lives with his wife on rent in Nathupur village on the Gurgaon-Mehrauli border, had some differences with brothers Ajit (29) and Sujit (27) -- his neighbouring tenants. They had earlier fought over trivial issues.
Sunday night, Soizamuam and Sujit had a scuffle in which the latter was injured. Both were allegedly drunk.
"When Ajit learnt about the fight, the brothers attacked Soizamuam in his house," police officer Sanjay Kumar told IANS.
Soizamuam suffered a head injury and was admitted to a private hospital with Sujit who was later discharged.
Police then detained Sujit who is also a taxi driver.
A case was registered against the duo for attacking Soizamuam in his house, threatening him with dire consequences and common intent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon