Manipuri terrorist held in Delhi
New Delhi: A 30-year-old Manipuri terrorist was arrested here for committing robbery and theft, police said Thursday.
"Abbas Khan was arrested from Shakarpur area in east Delhi on a tip off from Manipur police Wednesday," said a police officer.
Khan was the self-styled fighting commander of the outlawed People`s United Liberation Front. He was also found to be involved in as many as 12 cases of murder and abduction cases in Manipur.
Manipur Police were informed about his arrest, an official said.
Khan shifted base to Delhi in 2008. He lived in rented accommodations in Kotla Mubarakpur, Mahipalpur, Jamia Nagar, Ashram and Maharani Bagh, all in south and west Delhi, police said.
He was earlier arrested by Delhi Police in June 2010 for alleged involvement in vehicle theft in the city and forgery of documents of the stolen vehicles, said an officer.
He remained in Tihar Jail till March 2012. Thereafter, he was presented in a court in Manipur but he later managed to flee from there, police said.
Khan`s father was a worker of another banned terrorist outfit in Manipur and was killed in a shootout with security forces at Samurao in Imphal West, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal