Many people regard me as a foreigner: Mizoram CM
Aizawl: Mizoram Chief Minister Lal
Thanhawla on Saturday said it was "extremely unfortunate" that many
public leaders have regarded him as a foreigner and did not
know where Mizoram was located.
Addressing a meeting of the Indian Engineers Federation
(INDEF), North East region, here, Thanhawla said he had
experienced such ignorance in many places in the country from
public leaders who mistook him for a foreigner and did not
know where Mizoram was.
"India is inhabited by many races and in order to
maintain national integrity, we must know each other extremely
well," he said, adding that the citizens should have better
understanding and knowledge about other citizens irrespective
of their colour, features and culture.
He said he talked about such misadventures because he
felt that Mizoram is the least visited state in the whole
"There are some journalists who visited Mizoram for the
first time and stayed only a day, but claimed themselves as
experts on the state and wrote baseless stories on their
visits," Lal Thanhawla said.
He also discussed with the engineers the massive
landslides caused by heavy monsoon in the northeast and told
them that the structures they construct should be durable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read