Measures taken to improve security for people from NE states
Itanagar: In a bid to curb incidents of crime against women and people from the northeastern states residing in the capital, Delhi police has imparted special training to 32 representatives from the region to ensure their security.
With the aim of creating awareness and help people from Northeast who are subjected to harassment, the Delhi police led by Joint Commissioner (Training) Robin Hibu has ensured that measures are taken to protect them.
"During the training 32 persons from NE were selected as representatives of their respective states whom people from the region will contact in case of any emergency to coordinate with the police in case of any problem in Delhi," Hibu, an IPS officer from Arunachal Pradesh said from New Delhi.
The Delhi Police has initiated several measures for providing security to working women including, directions under section 144 to BPOs and Call Centers to drop the female employees at their homes, dedicated phone lines, PCR to drop stranded women to their homes after sun set, lady police help desk at all police stations, among some, besides fast tracking of rape cases, Hibu said.
"We are also planning to issue separate standing order procedure based on Zero tolerance policy for the safety and security of NE students and others residing in Delhi besides appointment of Joint commissioner and Inspector General of police level officers as chief coordinators for security of NE citizens in Delhi," he said.
"We are also contemplating to introduce 155 emergency response vehicles (ERVs) patrol for assistance in crime prone areas and special training to the beat staff of North and South districts where maximum NE citizens are residing," Hibu added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Major water crisis in Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula - Know reason behind it
- Two Mexican kidnappers sentenced to 520 years in prison
- California wildfire spreads to over 11,000 acres
- After Gujarat, Dalits attacked in Karnataka's Chikkamagaluru for storing beef; seven Bajrang Dal activists booked
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?