Media hold protest before Arunchal CM`s residence
Itanagar: The media fraternity in Arunachal Pradesh on Monday staged a dharna before Chief Minister Nabam Tuki`s residence to protest the failure to arrest those responsible for shooting at Associate Editor of Arunachal Times Tongam Rina last month.
The journalists under the banner of the Arunachal Pradesh Press Club and Arunachal Pradesh Union of Working Journalists demanded that the case be handed over to the CBI.
Rina was shot at from point blank range on July 15 when she was entering her office.
She was released from the R K Mission Hospital here last Friday after surgery to remove a bullet from her abdomen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed