Medical student escapes from abductors in Guwahati
Guwahati: An abducted student of Gauhati
Medical College escaped from his kidnappers and returned home
here Wednesday, police said.
Kaushik Jagannath Kotoki (19), a first year medical
student had been kidnapped around 3 pm by two unidentified
youths yesterday. Posing as water filter cleaners they entered
the house and made him unconscious by throwing a cloth wet
with drug on his face when he was alone in his residence.
Kaushik rang up his home around 1.30 pm to say he had
fled from his abductors who had taken him to Siliguri in
Bengal by train, his father B Baruah Cancer Institute
Director, Dr Amal Kotoki told reporters.
The youth was helped by a CRPF personnel to contact
police who brought him here under tight security by the
Kanchenjunga Express, Kotoki said.
He was received at the Guwahati railway station by his
father in the presence of the waiting media. Dr Kotoki said
his son appeared physically unhurt but was tense and tired.
Police investigation was on to ascertain the cause of
the student`s abduction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack