Medical student escapes from abductors in Guwahati
Guwahati: An abducted student of Gauhati
Medical College escaped from his kidnappers and returned home
here Wednesday, police said.
Kaushik Jagannath Kotoki (19), a first year medical
student had been kidnapped around 3 pm by two unidentified
youths yesterday. Posing as water filter cleaners they entered
the house and made him unconscious by throwing a cloth wet
with drug on his face when he was alone in his residence.
Kaushik rang up his home around 1.30 pm to say he had
fled from his abductors who had taken him to Siliguri in
Bengal by train, his father B Baruah Cancer Institute
Director, Dr Amal Kotoki told reporters.
The youth was helped by a CRPF personnel to contact
police who brought him here under tight security by the
Kanchenjunga Express, Kotoki said.
He was received at the Guwahati railway station by his
father in the presence of the waiting media. Dr Kotoki said
his son appeared physically unhurt but was tense and tired.
Police investigation was on to ascertain the cause of
the student`s abduction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions