Medicine shops closed in Nagaland
Kohima: All medicine shops remained closed in Nagaland from 6 AM on Friday response to a 12-hour bandh call by the Nagaland Medicine Dealers Association (NMDA).
The bandh was in support of the All India Organisation of Chemists and Druggists` (AIOCD), protesting against non-fulfilment of its demands by the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, NMDA general secretary Basu Damani said.
However, NMDA has directed one chemist shop in two main localities of all towns to meet emergency services.
AIOCD has been demanding among others maintenance of trade margins of medicines in the Drugs (Price Control) Order, 2013, and opposition to FDI in distribution and retailing of medicines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!