Medicine shops closed in Nagaland
Kohima: All medicine shops remained closed in Nagaland from 6 AM on Friday response to a 12-hour bandh call by the Nagaland Medicine Dealers Association (NMDA).
The bandh was in support of the All India Organisation of Chemists and Druggists` (AIOCD), protesting against non-fulfilment of its demands by the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, NMDA general secretary Basu Damani said.
However, NMDA has directed one chemist shop in two main localities of all towns to meet emergency services.
AIOCD has been demanding among others maintenance of trade margins of medicines in the Drugs (Price Control) Order, 2013, and opposition to FDI in distribution and retailing of medicines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?