Medicine shops closed in Nagaland
Kohima: All medicine shops remained closed in Nagaland from 6 AM on Friday response to a 12-hour bandh call by the Nagaland Medicine Dealers Association (NMDA).
The bandh was in support of the All India Organisation of Chemists and Druggists` (AIOCD), protesting against non-fulfilment of its demands by the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, NMDA general secretary Basu Damani said.
However, NMDA has directed one chemist shop in two main localities of all towns to meet emergency services.
AIOCD has been demanding among others maintenance of trade margins of medicines in the Drugs (Price Control) Order, 2013, and opposition to FDI in distribution and retailing of medicines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply