Medicine shops closed in Nagaland
Kohima: All medicine shops remained closed in Nagaland from 6 AM on Friday response to a 12-hour bandh call by the Nagaland Medicine Dealers Association (NMDA).
The bandh was in support of the All India Organisation of Chemists and Druggists` (AIOCD), protesting against non-fulfilment of its demands by the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, NMDA general secretary Basu Damani said.
However, NMDA has directed one chemist shop in two main localities of all towns to meet emergency services.
AIOCD has been demanding among others maintenance of trade margins of medicines in the Drugs (Price Control) Order, 2013, and opposition to FDI in distribution and retailing of medicines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand