Medicine shops closed in Nagaland
Kohima: All medicine shops remained closed in Nagaland from 6 AM on Friday response to a 12-hour bandh call by the Nagaland Medicine Dealers Association (NMDA).
The bandh was in support of the All India Organisation of Chemists and Druggists` (AIOCD), protesting against non-fulfilment of its demands by the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, NMDA general secretary Basu Damani said.
However, NMDA has directed one chemist shop in two main localities of all towns to meet emergency services.
AIOCD has been demanding among others maintenance of trade margins of medicines in the Drugs (Price Control) Order, 2013, and opposition to FDI in distribution and retailing of medicines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises