Meeting with Bru refugees before voter list revision
Aizawl: A six-member team of election officials from three districts in Mizoram left for Tripura Tuesday to conduct hearing on the ongoing summary revision of electoral rolls among the Bru refugees lodged in six relief camps in Kanchanpur Sub-Division of North Tripura district.
State election department sources said that the officials would conduct the hearing in different relief camps from tomorrow till November 30 and the team was scheduled to return to Mizoram by December 1.
As per directions from Election Commission of India, the election team would enroll new voters who attain the age of 18 on or before January one, 2013 and only the descendants of those already enrolled in the voters` lists would be included.
Tripura government was instructed to make all the necessary arrangements including security for the team, the officials added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured