Meeting with Bru refugees before voter list revision
Aizawl: A six-member team of election officials from three districts in Mizoram left for Tripura Tuesday to conduct hearing on the ongoing summary revision of electoral rolls among the Bru refugees lodged in six relief camps in Kanchanpur Sub-Division of North Tripura district.
State election department sources said that the officials would conduct the hearing in different relief camps from tomorrow till November 30 and the team was scheduled to return to Mizoram by December 1.
As per directions from Election Commission of India, the election team would enroll new voters who attain the age of 18 on or before January one, 2013 and only the descendants of those already enrolled in the voters` lists would be included.
Tripura government was instructed to make all the necessary arrangements including security for the team, the officials added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!