Meeting with Bru refugees before voter list revision
Aizawl: A six-member team of election officials from three districts in Mizoram left for Tripura Tuesday to conduct hearing on the ongoing summary revision of electoral rolls among the Bru refugees lodged in six relief camps in Kanchanpur Sub-Division of North Tripura district.
State election department sources said that the officials would conduct the hearing in different relief camps from tomorrow till November 30 and the team was scheduled to return to Mizoram by December 1.
As per directions from Election Commission of India, the election team would enroll new voters who attain the age of 18 on or before January one, 2013 and only the descendants of those already enrolled in the voters` lists would be included.
Tripura government was instructed to make all the necessary arrangements including security for the team, the officials added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS