Meeting with Bru refugees before voter list revision
Aizawl: A six-member team of election officials from three districts in Mizoram left for Tripura Tuesday to conduct hearing on the ongoing summary revision of electoral rolls among the Bru refugees lodged in six relief camps in Kanchanpur Sub-Division of North Tripura district.
State election department sources said that the officials would conduct the hearing in different relief camps from tomorrow till November 30 and the team was scheduled to return to Mizoram by December 1.
As per directions from Election Commission of India, the election team would enroll new voters who attain the age of 18 on or before January one, 2013 and only the descendants of those already enrolled in the voters` lists would be included.
Tripura government was instructed to make all the necessary arrangements including security for the team, the officials added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?
- IRS website hacked by suspected Pakistani hackers, messages like 'Pakistan Zindabad' posted