Meeting with Bru refugees before voter list revision
Aizawl: A six-member team of election officials from three districts in Mizoram left for Tripura Tuesday to conduct hearing on the ongoing summary revision of electoral rolls among the Bru refugees lodged in six relief camps in Kanchanpur Sub-Division of North Tripura district.
State election department sources said that the officials would conduct the hearing in different relief camps from tomorrow till November 30 and the team was scheduled to return to Mizoram by December 1.
As per directions from Election Commission of India, the election team would enroll new voters who attain the age of 18 on or before January one, 2013 and only the descendants of those already enrolled in the voters` lists would be included.
Tripura government was instructed to make all the necessary arrangements including security for the team, the officials added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!