Meghalaya: AICC to take action against rebel MLAs
Shillong: Meghalaya Pradesh Congress
Committee president Lyngdoh on Friday said all five rebel
MLAs, who were issued show-cause notices for not attending a
review meeting of the UPA’s flagship programmes, have replied
and the AICC would take action them.
"I have received replies from all the five MLAs. I
will be submitting them to the AICC along with my comments,"
Lyngdoh, who would leave for New Delhi on Monday, said.
The five Congress MLAs are detractors of Chief
Minister Mukul Sangma who are camping in New Delhi to
pressurise the AICC for a change in leadership.
AICC in-charge of Meghalaya Dhaniram Shandil and
Sanjay Bapna were present at the review meetings skipped by
the rebel MLAs last month.
Lyngdoh said their action was against the party’s
interest and it was tantamount to showing disregard for the
Some rebel Congress MLAs are still camping in New
Delhi, but have not been able to meet any senior party leader
to air their grievances against Chief Minister Mukul Sangma.
The dissident group is unhappy at Mukul Sangma’s
`autocratic way of functioning` and are demanding a change in
Shandil and Bapna, who visited Meghalaya last week,
will also submit a report on the political developments in the
state to the party high command.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Wow! KFC India to replace plastic packaging with edible bowls!
- UN blacklists Indian-flagged cargo vessel carrying Libyan oil
- One minute of intense exercise can help you stay fit!
- Don't refer Bhagat Singh, Chandra Shekhar Azad as terrorists: HRD Ministry to DU
- Navjot Singh Sidhu takes oath as Rajya Sabha member – SEE PICS