Meghalaya: AICC to take action against rebel MLAs
Shillong: Meghalaya Pradesh Congress
Committee president Lyngdoh on Friday said all five rebel
MLAs, who were issued show-cause notices for not attending a
review meeting of the UPA’s flagship programmes, have replied
and the AICC would take action them.
"I have received replies from all the five MLAs. I
will be submitting them to the AICC along with my comments,"
Lyngdoh, who would leave for New Delhi on Monday, said.
The five Congress MLAs are detractors of Chief
Minister Mukul Sangma who are camping in New Delhi to
pressurise the AICC for a change in leadership.
AICC in-charge of Meghalaya Dhaniram Shandil and
Sanjay Bapna were present at the review meetings skipped by
the rebel MLAs last month.
Lyngdoh said their action was against the party’s
interest and it was tantamount to showing disregard for the
Some rebel Congress MLAs are still camping in New
Delhi, but have not been able to meet any senior party leader
to air their grievances against Chief Minister Mukul Sangma.
The dissident group is unhappy at Mukul Sangma’s
`autocratic way of functioning` and are demanding a change in
Shandil and Bapna, who visited Meghalaya last week,
will also submit a report on the political developments in the
state to the party high command.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India