Meghalaya BDO arrested for taking bribe
Shillong: A Block Development Officer of
Meghalaya has been arrested for allegedly taking bribe for
release of payment under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural
Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS).
Langstar Kharkongor, the Block Development Officer
(BDO) of Mawryngkneng in East Khasi Hills district was trapped
by sleuths of the crime branch last night after a complaint by
Mawngsyiem-Smit Village Employment Council (VEC) Chairman
Chandra Lyngdoh Nongbri, police said.
Kharkongor, was caught allegedly taking a bribe of
Rs 50,000 for releasing of a cheque for payment for work under
Kharkongor was allegedly caught with Rs 45,000 in Rs
500 denomination notes already marked by the police.
Nongbri had filed an FIR against the erring officer
accusing him of demanding 10 per cent of the amount due for
NREGS work which the VEC had completed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?