Meghalaya cabinet approves corpus contingency fund
Shillong: The Meghalaya cabinet on Monday approved a Rs 150 crore corpus contingency fund to ensure that there was no disruption of funds to departments while the state assembly was not in session.
Chief Minister Dr Mukul Sangma told reporters that the finance department felt that the corpus for contingency funds should be raised.
The proposal was considered by the cabinet since the Assembly was not in session and which would be regularised as soon as the House sat, Sangma said.
He said, "Available amount of Rs 105 crores corpus of contingency funds has already been provided to various departments including PHE, Power MeECL and others."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Herschel beams back exquisite image of newborn stars! - See pic
- Dutch coach Danny Blind flays Man Utd over Van Gaal sacking
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma again spotted together: Reports
- Maharashtra Board HSC Examination Results 2016: (maharesult.nic.in) MSBSHSE Class 12th Result 2016, Maharashtra Board Plus two Result to be declared on May 25 (today)
- Six more arrested for attack on Punjab spiritual leader Sant Baba Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale