Meghalaya cabinet approves corpus contingency fund
Shillong: The Meghalaya cabinet on Monday approved a Rs 150 crore corpus contingency fund to ensure that there was no disruption of funds to departments while the state assembly was not in session.
Chief Minister Dr Mukul Sangma told reporters that the finance department felt that the corpus for contingency funds should be raised.
The proposal was considered by the cabinet since the Assembly was not in session and which would be regularised as soon as the House sat, Sangma said.
He said, "Available amount of Rs 105 crores corpus of contingency funds has already been provided to various departments including PHE, Power MeECL and others."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest