Meghalaya cabinet to be expanded on Friday
Shillong: Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul Sangma will expand his 12-member cabinet on Friday.
Of the total sixty-member House, the Congress-led Meghalaya United Alliance (MUA) has 28 MLAs, while its allies United Democratic Party (UDP) has nine MLAs and Khyun Hynniewtrep National Awakening Movement (KHNAM) has one MLA taking the tally to 39.
There are reports that the Congress has decided to give four berths to its allies.
Earlier two UDP members were inducted, one as deputy chief minister, and the other as an independent member.
A final decision on the inclusion of new MLAs would be taken after consultations with the party high command.
Sangma was sworn in as Meghalaya``s 22nd chief minister on Tuesday following a revolt by ruling Congress legislators, which forced DD Lapang to step down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials