Meghalaya cabinet to be expanded on Friday
Shillong: Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul Sangma will expand his 12-member cabinet on Friday.
Of the total sixty-member House, the Congress-led Meghalaya United Alliance (MUA) has 28 MLAs, while its allies United Democratic Party (UDP) has nine MLAs and Khyun Hynniewtrep National Awakening Movement (KHNAM) has one MLA taking the tally to 39.
There are reports that the Congress has decided to give four berths to its allies.
Earlier two UDP members were inducted, one as deputy chief minister, and the other as an independent member.
A final decision on the inclusion of new MLAs would be taken after consultations with the party high command.
Sangma was sworn in as Meghalaya``s 22nd chief minister on Tuesday following a revolt by ruling Congress legislators, which forced DD Lapang to step down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre