Meghalaya cabinet to be expanded on Friday
Shillong: Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul Sangma will expand his 12-member cabinet on Friday.
Of the total sixty-member House, the Congress-led Meghalaya United Alliance (MUA) has 28 MLAs, while its allies United Democratic Party (UDP) has nine MLAs and Khyun Hynniewtrep National Awakening Movement (KHNAM) has one MLA taking the tally to 39.
There are reports that the Congress has decided to give four berths to its allies.
Earlier two UDP members were inducted, one as deputy chief minister, and the other as an independent member.
A final decision on the inclusion of new MLAs would be taken after consultations with the party high command.
Sangma was sworn in as Meghalaya``s 22nd chief minister on Tuesday following a revolt by ruling Congress legislators, which forced DD Lapang to step down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Orlando Bloom 'happy' for Miranda Kerr
- Planning to visit Africa? Check out these top 5 places for sure
- Whoa! Deepika Padukone meets Ranbir Kapoor, Fawad Khan on 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' sets?
- Punjab braveheart challenges J&K separatists, says will hoist tricolour at Srinagar's Lal Chowk on Aug 15 - Watch
- 'Kabali' mints $2 mn from North America premieres