Meghalaya commandos attacked, IED fails to explode
Shillong: A team of Meghalaya Police
commandos on Tuesday came under attack from Garo militants who
fired at them and lobbed an IED which, however, failed to
Around 10 Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) commandos
were on a patrol when Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA)
militants fired at them at Rajarankati near Chokpot in the
state`s South Garo Hills district this afternoon, DIG (Western
Range) GHP Raju said.
A heavy exchange of fire took place between the two
sides, but there was no injury or casualty, he said.
While fleeing, the GNLA militants lobbed a grenade
towards the commandos but it did not explode.
A team from the BSF and CRPF have also been called to
the place to diffuse the bomb.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand