Meghalaya commandos attacked, IED fails to explode
Shillong: A team of Meghalaya Police
commandos on Tuesday came under attack from Garo militants who
fired at them and lobbed an IED which, however, failed to
Around 10 Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) commandos
were on a patrol when Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA)
militants fired at them at Rajarankati near Chokpot in the
state`s South Garo Hills district this afternoon, DIG (Western
Range) GHP Raju said.
A heavy exchange of fire took place between the two
sides, but there was no injury or casualty, he said.
While fleeing, the GNLA militants lobbed a grenade
towards the commandos but it did not explode.
A team from the BSF and CRPF have also been called to
the place to diffuse the bomb.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan