Meghalaya Congress president meets Sonia Gandhi
Shillong: Meghalaya Pradesh Congress
Committee president Lyngdoh on Tuesday met AICC President
Sonia Gandhi in New Delhi and apprised her of the rumblings
in the party in the state.
Lyngdoh handed over to Gandhi the replies to showcause
notices served on five dissident Congress MLAs who want chief
minister Mukut Mithi to go and had abstained from a review
meeting of the UPA`s flagship programmes in the state held
under the chairmanship of two AICC observers Dhaniram Shandil
and Sanjay Bapna last month, party sources said.
Lyngdoh also submitted his comments on the showcause
replies and a `confidential report` on the political situation
in the state, they said.
The five Congress MLAs, who were slapped with the
show-cause notices, are detractors of Chief Minister Mukul
Sangma and camping in New Delhi to pressurize the AICC for a
change in leadership.
They were asked the reasons for their absence in the
review meetings held last month at Williamnagar and Tura
in Garo hills.
Lyngdoh had earlier said their action was against the
party?s interest and it was tantamount to showing disregard
for the AICC leaders.
After meeting Gandhi, Lyngdoh also had a meeting with
the rebel Congress MLAs camping in New Delhi this noon.
There has been no official word from Congress on the
developments so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician