Meghalaya: Encounter between GNLA and security forces
Shillong: Heavy exchange of fire between
security personnel and Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA)
was reported at Arengdo in East Garo Hills district of
Meghalaya on Friday, police said.
Acting on a tip off, Meghalaya Police SWAT Commandos
and CRPF`s COBRA launched the operation last evening in the
A pistol, detonators and documents were recovered from
the area, he said.
No casualty was reported from both sides, police said.
Deemed as a terror group, GNLA is actively involved in
extortion, abduction of government officials and businessmen
besides killing security forces in western Garo Hills
districts of Meghalaya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Kerala train derail: Services resume in Ernakulam-Thrissur route
- Meet Lachlan Smart – The Aussie teen who becomes youngest pilot to fly solo around the world!
- Suicide bombing kills 11 at Yemen army camp: Officials
- iBerry launches 'India's first 4GB Ram unibody smartphone' at Rs 15,990
- Kerry arrives in Bangladesh amid wave of attacks on minorities