Meghalaya: Encounter between GNLA and security forces
Shillong: Heavy exchange of fire between
security personnel and Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA)
was reported at Arengdo in East Garo Hills district of
Meghalaya on Friday, police said.
Acting on a tip off, Meghalaya Police SWAT Commandos
and CRPF`s COBRA launched the operation last evening in the
A pistol, detonators and documents were recovered from
the area, he said.
No casualty was reported from both sides, police said.
Deemed as a terror group, GNLA is actively involved in
extortion, abduction of government officials and businessmen
besides killing security forces in western Garo Hills
districts of Meghalaya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley