Meghalaya: Encounter between GNLA and security forces
Shillong: Heavy exchange of fire between
security personnel and Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA)
was reported at Arengdo in East Garo Hills district of
Meghalaya on Friday, police said.
Acting on a tip off, Meghalaya Police SWAT Commandos
and CRPF`s COBRA launched the operation last evening in the
A pistol, detonators and documents were recovered from
the area, he said.
No casualty was reported from both sides, police said.
Deemed as a terror group, GNLA is actively involved in
extortion, abduction of government officials and businessmen
besides killing security forces in western Garo Hills
districts of Meghalaya.
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Google Translate turns 10: Five interesting things you want to know about it
- IPL 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants fail yet again as Gujarat Lions continue strong run in maiden season
- AgustaWestland deal: Centre rejects charge that PM Modi struck deal with Italy
- Man wanted in 14 cases arrested after gun-battle in Odisha, 2 injured
- Pakistan playing to gallery in publicising Kashmir issue: Ex-envoy SK Lambah