Meghalaya: Encounter between GNLA and security forces
Shillong: Heavy exchange of fire between
security personnel and Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA)
was reported at Arengdo in East Garo Hills district of
Meghalaya on Friday, police said.
Acting on a tip off, Meghalaya Police SWAT Commandos
and CRPF`s COBRA launched the operation last evening in the
A pistol, detonators and documents were recovered from
the area, he said.
No casualty was reported from both sides, police said.
Deemed as a terror group, GNLA is actively involved in
extortion, abduction of government officials and businessmen
besides killing security forces in western Garo Hills
districts of Meghalaya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket