Meghalaya Governor flags off Army’s cycle rally
Shillong: Meghalaya Governor R S Mooshahary
Thursday flagged-off a seven-day bicycle rally of the Army’s Red
Horns Division which seeks to make the people aware about the
ways and means of getting recruited in the Army.
The rally aims at reaching out to the unemployed youth
of rural Meghalaya and spread awareness among them regarding
the various opportunities, ways and means of getting recruited
in all ranks in the Army, a defence spokesman said.
The rallyists will also interact with ex-servicemen and
war widows in Meghalaya addressing their concerns regarding
the entitlements and benefits due to them in the 6th Central
In addition, the rallyists will also carry out mapping
of the disaster-prone areas for disaster management.
The rally, comprising a 20-member team led by Capt
Gopala Krishnan, will cover a journey of 445 kilometers in
seven days and travel through West Khasi Hills, East Khasi
Hills and Ri-Bhoi districts, touching the most remote and
interior localities of Meghalaya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- 'Kaabil' an opportunity to establish myself commercially: Yami Gautam
- Pokemon Go mania causes international incident on US border
- What makes an online dater successful!
- Donald Trump asked to stop talking about Benghazi victims
- Under construction building collapses in Hyderabad, several labourers trapped