Meghalaya Governor flags off Army’s cycle rally
Shillong: Meghalaya Governor R S Mooshahary
Thursday flagged-off a seven-day bicycle rally of the Army’s Red
Horns Division which seeks to make the people aware about the
ways and means of getting recruited in the Army.
The rally aims at reaching out to the unemployed youth
of rural Meghalaya and spread awareness among them regarding
the various opportunities, ways and means of getting recruited
in all ranks in the Army, a defence spokesman said.
The rallyists will also interact with ex-servicemen and
war widows in Meghalaya addressing their concerns regarding
the entitlements and benefits due to them in the 6th Central
In addition, the rallyists will also carry out mapping
of the disaster-prone areas for disaster management.
The rally, comprising a 20-member team led by Capt
Gopala Krishnan, will cover a journey of 445 kilometers in
seven days and travel through West Khasi Hills, East Khasi
Hills and Ri-Bhoi districts, touching the most remote and
interior localities of Meghalaya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog