Meghalaya Governor flags off Army’s cycle rally
Shillong: Meghalaya Governor R S Mooshahary
Thursday flagged-off a seven-day bicycle rally of the Army’s Red
Horns Division which seeks to make the people aware about the
ways and means of getting recruited in the Army.
The rally aims at reaching out to the unemployed youth
of rural Meghalaya and spread awareness among them regarding
the various opportunities, ways and means of getting recruited
in all ranks in the Army, a defence spokesman said.
The rallyists will also interact with ex-servicemen and
war widows in Meghalaya addressing their concerns regarding
the entitlements and benefits due to them in the 6th Central
In addition, the rallyists will also carry out mapping
of the disaster-prone areas for disaster management.
The rally, comprising a 20-member team led by Capt
Gopala Krishnan, will cover a journey of 445 kilometers in
seven days and travel through West Khasi Hills, East Khasi
Hills and Ri-Bhoi districts, touching the most remote and
interior localities of Meghalaya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- British PM to put stamp on Brexit before G20 summit
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway