Meghalaya Governor flags off Army’s cycle rally
Shillong: Meghalaya Governor R S Mooshahary
Thursday flagged-off a seven-day bicycle rally of the Army’s Red
Horns Division which seeks to make the people aware about the
ways and means of getting recruited in the Army.
The rally aims at reaching out to the unemployed youth
of rural Meghalaya and spread awareness among them regarding
the various opportunities, ways and means of getting recruited
in all ranks in the Army, a defence spokesman said.
The rallyists will also interact with ex-servicemen and
war widows in Meghalaya addressing their concerns regarding
the entitlements and benefits due to them in the 6th Central
In addition, the rallyists will also carry out mapping
of the disaster-prone areas for disaster management.
The rally, comprising a 20-member team led by Capt
Gopala Krishnan, will cover a journey of 445 kilometers in
seven days and travel through West Khasi Hills, East Khasi
Hills and Ri-Bhoi districts, touching the most remote and
interior localities of Meghalaya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees