Meghalaya govt announces Rs 10,000 to displaced families
Shillong: Meghalaya government Tuesday
announced a compensation of Rs 10,000 each to the families
displaced in the ongoing ethnic-violence in the state.
Informing this, Meghalaya Home Minister H D R Lyngdoh
said three bundles of CGI sheets would also be given to the
families as immediate relief.
On the other hand, the state Congress also announced Rs 5
lakh cash for the affected people.
"The party is concerned about the violence. A Congress
team would visit the affected areas tomorrow to meet
representatives of both the communities and remove any
misunderstanding and try to regain confidence," Meghalaya
Pradesh Congress Committee president Friday Lyngdoh said.
Besides the Rs 5 lakh, Lyngdoh said Congress workers
would collect kinds from the Shillong public and distribute it
to the affected families.
Government, he said, was seriously looking into the
Some 20,000 people have been displaced in the Meghalaya
and four killed in the Meghalaya side in the ethnic clash
since January 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!