Meghalaya govt announces Rs 10,000 to displaced families
Shillong: Meghalaya government Tuesday
announced a compensation of Rs 10,000 each to the families
displaced in the ongoing ethnic-violence in the state.
Informing this, Meghalaya Home Minister H D R Lyngdoh
said three bundles of CGI sheets would also be given to the
families as immediate relief.
On the other hand, the state Congress also announced Rs 5
lakh cash for the affected people.
"The party is concerned about the violence. A Congress
team would visit the affected areas tomorrow to meet
representatives of both the communities and remove any
misunderstanding and try to regain confidence," Meghalaya
Pradesh Congress Committee president Friday Lyngdoh said.
Besides the Rs 5 lakh, Lyngdoh said Congress workers
would collect kinds from the Shillong public and distribute it
to the affected families.
Government, he said, was seriously looking into the
Some 20,000 people have been displaced in the Meghalaya
and four killed in the Meghalaya side in the ethnic clash
since January 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!