Meghalaya Guv not to use `His Excellency` honorific
Shillong: Following President Pranab Mukherjee`s footsteps, Meghalaya`s newly-appointed Governor K K Paul has ordered dropping of the colonial-era honorific `His Excellency` preceding his name for all official purposes in the state.
"The Governor desires that during ceremonial occasions where currently the salutation `His Excellency` is used, the words `Hon`ble Governor` should be used in the future," M S Rao, Principal Secretary to the Governor, said.
The `His Excellency` salutation for the Governor will, however, continue in interaction with foreign delegates, Rao said.
President Mukherjee, shortly after being sworn in last year, had approved a new set of protocols to be used as greetings in meetings with dignitaries inside and outside the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed