Meghalaya: Militants hurl crude bomb damaging two public vehicles
Shillong: Suspected underground militants lobbed a crude bomb in West Garo Hills District damaging two public vehicles this evening, police said.
Two militants came on a two wheeler to Hawakhana, Tura at around 5.40 pm and lobbed a crude bomb which exploded damaging the public vehicles which were parked near a petrol pump, they said.
"We are yet to identify the outfits behind the attack and are still investigating into the incident," West Garo Hills District Superintendent of Police (SP) Mukesh Singh told a news agency here.
"Operations are on to nab those involved in the incident," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre