Meghalaya: Militants hurl crude bomb damaging two public vehicles
Shillong: Suspected underground militants lobbed a crude bomb in West Garo Hills District damaging two public vehicles this evening, police said.
Two militants came on a two wheeler to Hawakhana, Tura at around 5.40 pm and lobbed a crude bomb which exploded damaging the public vehicles which were parked near a petrol pump, they said.
"We are yet to identify the outfits behind the attack and are still investigating into the incident," West Garo Hills District Superintendent of Police (SP) Mukesh Singh told a news agency here.
"Operations are on to nab those involved in the incident," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional