Meghalaya: Militants hurl crude bomb damaging two public vehicles
Shillong: Suspected underground militants lobbed a crude bomb in West Garo Hills District damaging two public vehicles this evening, police said.
Two militants came on a two wheeler to Hawakhana, Tura at around 5.40 pm and lobbed a crude bomb which exploded damaging the public vehicles which were parked near a petrol pump, they said.
"We are yet to identify the outfits behind the attack and are still investigating into the incident," West Garo Hills District Superintendent of Police (SP) Mukesh Singh told a news agency here.
"Operations are on to nab those involved in the incident," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued