Meghalaya min claims she recieved threatening texts
Meghalaya minister Ampareen Lyngdoh said she had received threatening text messages in her cell phone after her goodwill visit to Maharashtra.
Shillong: Meghalaya urban affairs minister Ampareen Lyngdoh on Friday said she had received threatening text messages in her cell phone after her goodwill visit to Maharashtra and Karnataka to stem the exodus of NE students in the wake of backlash against Assam violence.
The messages were sent by an unidentified person to her cell phone on the intervening nights of August 27 when she landed in Kolkata, Lyngdoh said.
Lyngdoh was part of a three-member team of cabinet ministers that visited Karnataka and Maharashtra last week.
Initially, I did not pay heed to the first message that I got. But then subsequently another two messages were sent from the same number which forced me to file an FIR,? the lone lady legislator in Meghalaya told PTI.
East Khasi Hills Superintendent of Police M Kharkrang said the police was trying to track down the sender of the messages.