Meghalaya: MLA sorry for assaulting photographer
Shillong: A day after assaulting a
photojournalist in the Assembly premises, a ruling Congress
legislator apologised today.
"I am sorry for what has happened and it will not be
repeated again in the future. What happened is a lesson for me
and for all concerned," Founder Strong Cajee said.
Opposition NCP had demanded apology from him while the
the Speaker Charles Pyngrope had threatened action against the
erring legislator under the law.
Clarifying on why he pounced on Walton Lytan, the
photo journalist yesterday, Founder alleged the former had
called him a "stupid" representative of a "savage" Mawlai
What followed then was the journalist limping with
broken reading glasses and a blue eye.
While Walton was admitted at the Shillong Civil
Hospital here, the Speaker has said that he will allow the
police to go ahead with investigation on both the aggrieved
The police have registered FIRs filed by the
journalist and the legislator.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital