Meghalaya: MLA sorry for assaulting photographer
Shillong: A day after assaulting a
photojournalist in the Assembly premises, a ruling Congress
legislator apologised today.
"I am sorry for what has happened and it will not be
repeated again in the future. What happened is a lesson for me
and for all concerned," Founder Strong Cajee said.
Opposition NCP had demanded apology from him while the
the Speaker Charles Pyngrope had threatened action against the
erring legislator under the law.
Clarifying on why he pounced on Walton Lytan, the
photo journalist yesterday, Founder alleged the former had
called him a "stupid" representative of a "savage" Mawlai
What followed then was the journalist limping with
broken reading glasses and a blue eye.
While Walton was admitted at the Shillong Civil
Hospital here, the Speaker has said that he will allow the
police to go ahead with investigation on both the aggrieved
The police have registered FIRs filed by the
journalist and the legislator.
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Six-year-old falls in borewell in Maharashtra, rescue operation on
- Want FIR against guilty before further probe on Adarsh Society scam: BJP
- Beware, women! Stress can worsen HPV infection
- Derogatory remarks against Prophet: ISIS takes credit for hacking Hindu tailor to death in Bangladesh
- India can save $50 billion if logistics costs are brought down to 9% of GDP: Study