Meghalaya: MLA sorry for assaulting photographer
Shillong: A day after assaulting a
photojournalist in the Assembly premises, a ruling Congress
legislator apologised today.
"I am sorry for what has happened and it will not be
repeated again in the future. What happened is a lesson for me
and for all concerned," Founder Strong Cajee said.
Opposition NCP had demanded apology from him while the
the Speaker Charles Pyngrope had threatened action against the
erring legislator under the law.
Clarifying on why he pounced on Walton Lytan, the
photo journalist yesterday, Founder alleged the former had
called him a "stupid" representative of a "savage" Mawlai
What followed then was the journalist limping with
broken reading glasses and a blue eye.
While Walton was admitted at the Shillong Civil
Hospital here, the Speaker has said that he will allow the
police to go ahead with investigation on both the aggrieved
The police have registered FIRs filed by the
journalist and the legislator.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials