Meghalaya Opposition disapproves CM’s Europe tour
Shillong: Taking potshots at Chief Minister
Mukul Sangma on his foreign tour, Opposition NCP in Meghalaya
today said the trip is ‘totally unnecessary’ as it would have
huge financial implication on the state exchequer.
NCP spokesperson James Sangma, in a statement, said that
since Meghalaya is currently under extreme financial crisis,
the financial liabilities of the Chief Minister’s foreign tour
will only bring about additional burden on the strained
"We are concerned about the state reeling under extreme
financial crisis like the recently piled up backlog of
developmental activities and balance arrears of state
government employees," Sangma said, adding that the
three-nation tour by Chief Minister Mukul Sangma along with a
big delegation was not needed.
"Instead of putting austerity measures into place, the
Chief Minister is undertaking an unnecessary foreign
tour/vacation which will have huge financial implications and
bring additional burden on our already strained resources,"
He said the government should set priorities straight and
concentrate on the work at hand rather than embark on an
exploration with no guaranteed gains.
Chief Minister is scheduled to leave for a week-long
foreign tour today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'