Meghalaya police bust militant GNLA Hqs
Shillong: Meghalaya Police have busted the headquarters and a training camp of the Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) in stepped up operations against militants in the state.
Two GNLA camps, one of them believed to be the
headquarters of the nascent militant outfit formed by a
deserter DSP of Meghalaya Police was busted during the joint
operations in East Garo Hills, West Garo Hills and South Garo
Hills districts in the last one week, Superintendent of Police
S Nongtnger said.
"The militants fled before the police arrived. The
camps were destroyed and booby traps neutralised," he said.
A Chinese grenade was seized, he said.
In a separate operation, a cadre of the Liberation Achik Elite Force was shot dead by police at Shahlang in West Khasi Hills district.
Police said a trap was laid for the militants to whom
two businessmen from Shahlang were to deliver Rs 7 lakh at
When four militants arrived to collect the money they
were challenged by the police, he said.
In the encounter that followed one of the militants
was killed while the others fled, police sources said.
A country made revolver a demand note of Rs 7 lakh
were found from the possession of the unidentified slain
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video