Meghalaya police bust militant GNLA Hqs
Shillong: Meghalaya Police have busted the headquarters and a training camp of the Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) in stepped up operations against militants in the state.
Two GNLA camps, one of them believed to be the
headquarters of the nascent militant outfit formed by a
deserter DSP of Meghalaya Police was busted during the joint
operations in East Garo Hills, West Garo Hills and South Garo
Hills districts in the last one week, Superintendent of Police
S Nongtnger said.
"The militants fled before the police arrived. The
camps were destroyed and booby traps neutralised," he said.
A Chinese grenade was seized, he said.
In a separate operation, a cadre of the Liberation Achik Elite Force was shot dead by police at Shahlang in West Khasi Hills district.
Police said a trap was laid for the militants to whom
two businessmen from Shahlang were to deliver Rs 7 lakh at
When four militants arrived to collect the money they
were challenged by the police, he said.
In the encounter that followed one of the militants
was killed while the others fled, police sources said.
A country made revolver a demand note of Rs 7 lakh
were found from the possession of the unidentified slain
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj