Meghalaya to inquire into drowning of constables
Shillong: The Meghalaya police has set up a high level inquiry into the accidental drowning of two of its constables during training at the ITBP training school, Dehradun.
A high police official said today that the independent inquiry would be headed by Additional Director General of Police S K Jain.
He would submit a report to the Director General of Police, B L Buam.
The Additional DGP said that constables Kumbinon Mawlong and Dannyboy Nongkhlaw of the 1st MLP Battalion were part of the 116 special police personnel who were undergoing specialized `commando` training on counter-insurgency operations at Dehradun.
They died due to accidental drowning while negotiating a water obstacle at noon yesterday, the police said.
The bodies of the dead commandoes are being brought back home by air.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Xiaomi Redmi 4, Redmi Note 4 likely to be launched on Thursday
- Cabinet raises compensation for terror, blast victims
- Present ICC ranking system is not satisfactory: Javed Miandad
- Doctors say bill is 'black day' for surrogacy, will spawn corruption
- Naqvi launches websites for Ministry of Minority Affairs