Meghalaya`s first tribal chief held
Shillong: A tribal chief was arrested for the first time in Meghalaya on the charge of aiding and providing shelter to some cadres of the banned Garo National Liberation Army in the Garo Hills area, police said on Friday.
TR Marak was arrested under Unlawful Activitites (Prevention) Act yesterday as the Centre had declared the group as a terrorist outfit last month.
The arrest was made following seizure of documents and medicines from an abandoned camp of the outfit, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror