Meghalaya`s first tribal chief held
Shillong: A tribal chief was arrested for
the first time in Meghalaya on the charge of aiding and
providing shelter to some cadres of the banned Garo National
Liberation Army in the Garo Hills area, police said today.
T R Marak was arrested under Unlawful Activitites
(Prevention) Act yesterday as the Centre had declared the
group as a terrorist outfit last month.
The arrest was made following seizure of documents and
medicines from an abandoned camp of the outfit, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!