Meghalaya`s first tribal chief held
Shillong: A tribal chief was arrested for
the first time in Meghalaya on the charge of aiding and
providing shelter to some cadres of the banned Garo National
Liberation Army in the Garo Hills area, police said today.
T R Marak was arrested under Unlawful Activitites
(Prevention) Act yesterday as the Centre had declared the
group as a terrorist outfit last month.
The arrest was made following seizure of documents and
medicines from an abandoned camp of the outfit, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'