Meghalaya`s first tribal chief held
Shillong: A tribal chief was arrested for
the first time in Meghalaya on the charge of aiding and
providing shelter to some cadres of the banned Garo National
Liberation Army in the Garo Hills area, police said today.
T R Marak was arrested under Unlawful Activitites
(Prevention) Act yesterday as the Centre had declared the
group as a terrorist outfit last month.
The arrest was made following seizure of documents and
medicines from an abandoned camp of the outfit, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mercedes' Nico Rosberg signs a new two-year deal, extending his stay to 2018
- Scorpio with 'Intelli-Hybrid' tech launched at Rs 9.74 lakh
- Most Germans fear terrorist attack after train axe assault: Poll
- My son didn't do anything wrong: Dayashankar Singh's mother
- Olympics 2016: Usain Bolt gunning for Russian ban at Rio; says move will scare drug cheats