Mentally challenged woman burnt after gang-rape in Tripura
Agartala: In a case of horrific brutality, a mentally challenged woman was burnt to death after being gang-raped in Tripura, police said on Saturday.
"Alorani Deb was gang-raped by three men. They then burnt her to death at Harina village (155 km south of here) in southern Tripura Thursday night," a police spokesman told reporters here.
Deb, 42, a mother of two, was mentally challenged.
Various political parties, including the ruling CPI-M, have demanded exemplary punishment to the culprits.
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Google Translate turns 10: Five interesting things you want to know about it
- IPL 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants fail yet again as Gujarat Lions continue strong run in maiden season
- AgustaWestland deal: Centre rejects charge that PM Modi struck deal with Italy
- Man wanted in 14 cases arrested after gun-battle in Odisha, 2 injured
- Pakistan playing to gallery in publicising Kashmir issue: Ex-envoy SK Lambah