Mentally challenged woman burnt after gang-rape in Tripura
Agartala: In a case of horrific brutality, a mentally challenged woman was burnt to death after being gang-raped in Tripura, police said on Saturday.
"Alorani Deb was gang-raped by three men. They then burnt her to death at Harina village (155 km south of here) in southern Tripura Thursday night," a police spokesman told reporters here.
Deb, 42, a mother of two, was mentally challenged.
Various political parties, including the ruling CPI-M, have demanded exemplary punishment to the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’