MeT officials warn of landslides in Sikkim
Kolkata: The regional meteorological centre here tonight warned of landslides in hilly areas of north Bengal in the aftermath of Sunday`s earthquake.
"There may be landslides in the hilly areas. Some aftershocks were also felt after the quake while the Terrai and Doors region are already experiencing intermittent heavy rains," Met department director GC Debnath said.
The weatherman, however, allayed fears of fresh quake in the area.
"There is no such possibility in the immediate future," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley