MeT officials warn of landslides in Sikkim
Kolkata: The regional meteorological centre here tonight warned of landslides in hilly areas of north Bengal in the aftermath of Sunday`s earthquake.
"There may be landslides in the hilly areas. Some aftershocks were also felt after the quake while the Terrai and Doors region are already experiencing intermittent heavy rains," Met department director GC Debnath said.
The weatherman, however, allayed fears of fresh quake in the area.
"There is no such possibility in the immediate future," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coal scam: Court orders framing of charges against Naveen Jindal, others
- It's actually shocking! Three monks get involved in brawl at Buddhist temple in China - Watch
- ICICI net plunges 87% to over 11-year low as NPA provision soars
- Geologists discover earth's oldest piece of rock!
- Baaghi movie review: Tiger Shroff and Shraddha Kapoor's action-packed performances fail to make an impression