MeT officials warn of landslides in Sikkim
Kolkata: The regional meteorological centre here tonight warned of landslides in hilly areas of north Bengal in the aftermath of Sunday`s earthquake.
"There may be landslides in the hilly areas. Some aftershocks were also felt after the quake while the Terrai and Doors region are already experiencing intermittent heavy rains," Met department director GC Debnath said.
The weatherman, however, allayed fears of fresh quake in the area.
"There is no such possibility in the immediate future," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi