MeT officials warn of landslides in Sikkim
Kolkata: The regional meteorological centre here tonight warned of landslides in hilly areas of north Bengal in the aftermath of Sunday`s earthquake.
"There may be landslides in the hilly areas. Some aftershocks were also felt after the quake while the Terrai and Doors region are already experiencing intermittent heavy rains," Met department director GC Debnath said.
The weatherman, however, allayed fears of fresh quake in the area.
"There is no such possibility in the immediate future," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi