MeT officials warn of landslides in Sikkim
Kolkata: The regional meteorological centre here tonight warned of landslides in hilly areas of north Bengal in the aftermath of Sunday`s earthquake.
"There may be landslides in the hilly areas. Some aftershocks were also felt after the quake while the Terrai and Doors region are already experiencing intermittent heavy rains," Met department director GC Debnath said.
The weatherman, however, allayed fears of fresh quake in the area.
"There is no such possibility in the immediate future," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- Amnesty row: Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara takes U-turn, denies giving clean-chit
- Volkswagen cuts 28,000 workers' hours over supply woes
- 1% TCS on cash buy not to apply on embassies, UN bodies, Govt depts
- Rio Olympics: Pele congratulates Brazil on football gold