Mild quake hits Northeast India
Agartala: A low intensity quake measuring 4 on the Richter scale shook India`s northeastern states Friday evening, officials said.
"The quake occurred at 6.41 pm. There has been no report of casualties or damage to property so far," an official of the state disaster management centre told IANS.
The official said the epicentre was in northwestern Tripura along the India-Bangladesh border.
The tremor was also felt in southern Assam and parts of Bangladesh.
Friday`s earthquake was the third in the past six days in Northeast India.
The northeast is considered the sixth major earthquake-prone belt (zone five) in the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed