Mild quake hits Northeast India
Agartala: A low intensity quake measuring 4 on the Richter scale shook India`s northeastern states Friday evening, officials said.
"The quake occurred at 6.41 pm. There has been no report of casualties or damage to property so far," an official of the state disaster management centre told IANS.
The official said the epicentre was in northwestern Tripura along the India-Bangladesh border.
The tremor was also felt in southern Assam and parts of Bangladesh.
Friday`s earthquake was the third in the past six days in Northeast India.
The northeast is considered the sixth major earthquake-prone belt (zone five) in the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know what Salman Khan tweeted after Rajasthan High Court acquitted him in two black buck poaching cases
- Snapdeal Monsoon sale kicks off; get upto 60% discount
- Doping controversy: Inderjeet Singh breaks down during TV interview, alleges conspiracy behind failed test
- Pope Francis faces tepid welcome in migrant-wary Poland
- Amazon launches membership service Prime in India –Know the benefits