Mild tremor in Assam
Guwahati: A mild tremor was felt in parts
of Assam due to a high intensity earthquake off the coast of
Sumatra on Wednesday.
Tremors were felt in Barak Valley in South Assam,
Guwahati and its adjoining areas, Tinsukia, Dibrugarh,
Sibsagar and Jorhat districts in upper Assam and some
districts of lower Assam, official sources said.
There was, however, no immediate report of any casualty,
injuries or damage to property.
The tremor began at 2:16 pm and three more tremors were
felt at an interval of 20 seconds each.
A spokesman of the Seismological Centre at Shillong
said that the epicentre of the earthquake was at Latitude 2.3
degree North and Longitude 93.0 degree East off the west coast
of North Sumatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday