Mild tremor in Assam
Guwahati: A mild tremor was felt in parts
of Assam due to a high intensity earthquake off the coast of
Sumatra on Wednesday.
Tremors were felt in Barak Valley in South Assam,
Guwahati and its adjoining areas, Tinsukia, Dibrugarh,
Sibsagar and Jorhat districts in upper Assam and some
districts of lower Assam, official sources said.
There was, however, no immediate report of any casualty,
injuries or damage to property.
The tremor began at 2:16 pm and three more tremors were
felt at an interval of 20 seconds each.
A spokesman of the Seismological Centre at Shillong
said that the epicentre of the earthquake was at Latitude 2.3
degree North and Longitude 93.0 degree East off the west coast
of North Sumatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed