Mild tremor in Assam
Guwahati: A mild tremor was felt in parts
of Assam due to a high intensity earthquake off the coast of
Sumatra on Wednesday.
Tremors were felt in Barak Valley in South Assam,
Guwahati and its adjoining areas, Tinsukia, Dibrugarh,
Sibsagar and Jorhat districts in upper Assam and some
districts of lower Assam, official sources said.
There was, however, no immediate report of any casualty,
injuries or damage to property.
The tremor began at 2:16 pm and three more tremors were
felt at an interval of 20 seconds each.
A spokesman of the Seismological Centre at Shillong
said that the epicentre of the earthquake was at Latitude 2.3
degree North and Longitude 93.0 degree East off the west coast
of North Sumatra.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India