Mild tremor in Assam
Guwahati: A mild tremor was felt in parts
of Assam due to a high intensity earthquake off the coast of
Sumatra on Wednesday.
Tremors were felt in Barak Valley in South Assam,
Guwahati and its adjoining areas, Tinsukia, Dibrugarh,
Sibsagar and Jorhat districts in upper Assam and some
districts of lower Assam, official sources said.
There was, however, no immediate report of any casualty,
injuries or damage to property.
The tremor began at 2:16 pm and three more tremors were
felt at an interval of 20 seconds each.
A spokesman of the Seismological Centre at Shillong
said that the epicentre of the earthquake was at Latitude 2.3
degree North and Longitude 93.0 degree East off the west coast
of North Sumatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'