Militant arrested in Imphal
Imphal: Chongtham Manglemjao, the self-styled `chairman` of militant outfit Kangleipak Communist Party--KK Nganba (KCP-KKN) faction, has been arrested by a combined team of Manipur police and Assam Rifles personnel from a place in Imphal West district, the police said on Monday.
He was arrested during a manhunt at Nagamapal area here yesterday.
The search was launched following the arrest of three militants from the valley rea on June 14 last, the police said.
The three militants who were arrested were identified as Naorem Ibombcha, Aheibam Dijen and Chongtham Ibomcha (all from KCP-KKN) were allegedly involved in extortion and serving demand letters to government officials, conractors and general public, the police said.
Meanwhile, some militants lobbed a grenade at the house of the chairman of the Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur (COHSEM) Hamom Naba at his residence at Thouda Bhabok Leikai area near here in Imphal West district yesterday, sources said.
The grenade, however, failed to explode.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility.
Naba said he had not received any monetary demand from any militant outfit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?