Militant arrested in Imphal
Imphal: Chongtham Manglemjao, the self-styled `chairman` of militant outfit Kangleipak Communist Party--KK Nganba (KCP-KKN) faction, has been arrested by a combined team of Manipur police and Assam Rifles personnel from a place in Imphal West district, the police said on Monday.
He was arrested during a manhunt at Nagamapal area here yesterday.
The search was launched following the arrest of three militants from the valley rea on June 14 last, the police said.
The three militants who were arrested were identified as Naorem Ibombcha, Aheibam Dijen and Chongtham Ibomcha (all from KCP-KKN) were allegedly involved in extortion and serving demand letters to government officials, conractors and general public, the police said.
Meanwhile, some militants lobbed a grenade at the house of the chairman of the Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur (COHSEM) Hamom Naba at his residence at Thouda Bhabok Leikai area near here in Imphal West district yesterday, sources said.
The grenade, however, failed to explode.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility.
Naba said he had not received any monetary demand from any militant outfit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’