Militant killed in encounter in Manipur
Imphal: A hardcore militant of the banned Kangleipak Communist Party (KCP) was killed in an encounter with police commandos in Imphal west district of Maniur, official sources said today.
Sources said the commandos, after receiving information about the movement of ultras, rushed to Heinoubok area, about 9 km west of here, at around 10 pm last night.
As they reached the spot, they were fired upon and in the exchange of fire, a KCP militant identified as Th Bobby (32) was killed.
One 9 mm pistol, three live rounds, one handgrenade and a two-wheeler were recovered from him. Other militants escaped under cover of darkness.
A letter of the KCP, demanding Rs 20 lakh from the joint director of youth affairs and sport (Manipur government), was also recovered from the possession of the deceased.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors