Militant killed in encounter in Manipur
Imphal: A hardcore militant of the banned Kangleipak Communist Party (KCP) was killed in an encounter with police commandos in Imphal west district of Maniur, official sources said today.
Sources said the commandos, after receiving information about the movement of ultras, rushed to Heinoubok area, about 9 km west of here, at around 10 pm last night.
As they reached the spot, they were fired upon and in the exchange of fire, a KCP militant identified as Th Bobby (32) was killed.
One 9 mm pistol, three live rounds, one handgrenade and a two-wheeler were recovered from him. Other militants escaped under cover of darkness.
A letter of the KCP, demanding Rs 20 lakh from the joint director of youth affairs and sport (Manipur government), was also recovered from the possession of the deceased.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown