Militant killed in encounter in Manipur
Imphal: A hardcore militant of the banned Kangleipak Communist Party (KCP) was killed in an encounter with police commandos in Imphal west district of Maniur, official sources said today.
Sources said the commandos, after receiving information about the movement of ultras, rushed to Heinoubok area, about 9 km west of here, at around 10 pm last night.
As they reached the spot, they were fired upon and in the exchange of fire, a KCP militant identified as Th Bobby (32) was killed.
One 9 mm pistol, three live rounds, one handgrenade and a two-wheeler were recovered from him. Other militants escaped under cover of darkness.
A letter of the KCP, demanding Rs 20 lakh from the joint director of youth affairs and sport (Manipur government), was also recovered from the possession of the deceased.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list