Militant killed in encounter in Manipur
Imphal: A hardcore militant of the banned Kangleipak Communist Party (KCP) was killed in an encounter with police commandos in Imphal west district of Maniur, official sources said today.
Sources said the commandos, after receiving information about the movement of ultras, rushed to Heinoubok area, about 9 km west of here, at around 10 pm last night.
As they reached the spot, they were fired upon and in the exchange of fire, a KCP militant identified as Th Bobby (32) was killed.
One 9 mm pistol, three live rounds, one handgrenade and a two-wheeler were recovered from him. Other militants escaped under cover of darkness.
A letter of the KCP, demanding Rs 20 lakh from the joint director of youth affairs and sport (Manipur government), was also recovered from the possession of the deceased.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai