Militant leader brought to Imphal from Banglaore
Imphal: Self-styled chairman of a militant outfit People`s United Liberation Front (PULF) of Manipur MI Khan, arrested in Banglaore, was brought here, officials said on Thursday.
Khan was nabbed by Manipur police with the help of their Karnataka counterpart at Banglaore on May 23. He was brought here by air yesterday, they said.
Immediately after his arrival, Khan was handed over to
Imphal East district police station for interrogation in
connection with several crime cases allegedly committed by
PULF, including extortion, killings and kidnapings, they said.
PULF, an armed group, was formed by youths about ten
years ago claiming to protect the interests of Muslims in
Manipur and to help insurgent organisations fight for an
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India