Militant leader brought to Imphal from Banglaore
Imphal: Self-styled chairman of a militant outfit People`s United Liberation Front (PULF) of Manipur MI Khan, arrested in Banglaore, was brought here, officials said on Thursday.
Khan was nabbed by Manipur police with the help of their Karnataka counterpart at Banglaore on May 23. He was brought here by air yesterday, they said.
Immediately after his arrival, Khan was handed over to
Imphal East district police station for interrogation in
connection with several crime cases allegedly committed by
PULF, including extortion, killings and kidnapings, they said.
PULF, an armed group, was formed by youths about ten
years ago claiming to protect the interests of Muslims in
Manipur and to help insurgent organisations fight for an
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened